Cox Technique is nonsurgical, doctor-controlled, hands-on spinal manipulation performed with the patient lying on The Cox Table, our proprietary, specially designed chiropractic instrument. This table permits the effective administration of flexion-distraction and decompression adjustment and manipulation.
Well-researched and documented, flexion-distraction and decompression help relieve spinal pain and return patients to their desired quality of life by …
- Dropping intradiscal pressure to as low as -192mm Hg
- Widening the spinal canal foraminal area by 28%
- Reducing pressure on the spinal nerves
- Returning motion to the spinal joints
Cox Technic is appropriate for conditions causing low back and leg pain as well as neck and arm pain. It also reduces pain attributable to …
- Disc herniation
- A slipped disc
- A ruptured disc
- Facet syndrome
- Other conditions
After undergoing a thorough examination that leads the doctor to a specific diagnosis of the spine condition to be treated …
- The patient lies face down on a Cox Table.
- Tolerance testing is performed prior to the application of Cox Technic to ensure that the treatment will not further aggravate the condition.
- In delivering the treatment, the physician concentrates on one vertebral motion segment at a time.
The goal is to reduce stenotic effects by dropping intradiscal pressure, thus allowing disc reduction, an increase in the size of the intervertebral foramen, and a reduction of pressure on the dorsal root ganglion and the exiting nerve roots.
For more information about our services, please contact our office.